Joanne C. McHugh Freelance Writer, Editor, and Brand Strategist
Having been a practicing writer for more than 20 years, I can ensure that copy accurately communicates meaning and is a smooth read.
- Ensure clarity, coherence, and readability
- Check for flow in sentences and paragraphs
- Eliminate wordiness, repetition and awkward phrasing
- Check a piece's structure for logic and optimal organization
A sworn member of the grammar and punctuation police, I can provide top-notch linguistic quality control.
- Check spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage
- Correct errors and inconsistencies
- Ensure internal consistency of facts
- Ensure adherence to style standards
With a sixth sense for proofreading, I can spot typos and inconsistent font sizes at 100 paces.
- Ensures that typeset copy is an exact match to approved copy
- Serves as a final check for indisputable errors
Having worked for Big Pharma, I am well-versed in ensuring that copy meets regulatory and legal standards.
- Fact-check to ensure that copy matches approved medical claims
- Ensure that copy is adequately supported by references
- Ensure adherence to American Medical Association (AMA) style